Shabby Layout

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Work In Progress....*

So as most of you know when it comes to money I am very anal and conservative with how we spend it. I have decided I am going to try and be more laxed in that area.
Austin always tells me "We work hard for our money. We should be able to enjoy it."
He is totally right. I feel like I am an annoying/nagging wife when I am constantly saying "we need to save!"

Lately I have been putting that into practice and its been really hard. Once I see the account go down I can feel my heart beating faster. I have to remind myself that spending a few bucks here and there isn't going to hurt us. I don't know where I get this from (MY MOM!)but I really don't want to be like that anymore. I want to find a healthy balance. I feel like its pointless to be as uptight as I am about money. I honestly get on my own nerves with it sometimes!

I was thinking about it last night and I feel the reason I worry so much is because we are really really blessed right now. There are people that wish they had our problems and I get really nervous that in a flash that could all be taken away. With the economy the way it is right now no one is safe. So I always talk about how I want a cushion for just in case. Well, we finally have that cushion so I need to stop worrying.

I have decided I am just going to relax a little and pray. God has never let me down so I have nothing but the greatest confidence in him.
Check with me in a month and see how I am doing. Its going to be a work in progress but I am tired of worrying about stupid things.

This is the bible verse that I go to when I start to worry:
**For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air that they do not sow nor reap nor gather into barns and yet your heavenly father feeds them. Are you not worth much more then they? and who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?"** MATTHEW 6:25

5 comments:

  1. Amen sister friend! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i had this problem! lol i have the opposite problem ie i agree with austin! i work hard for this money i'm gonna enjoy it! good luck! if you start to feel worried... go buy yourself something! love ya'll, miss ya'll

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what Pastor Rick preached about Sunday! Good for you! I'm working on the same thing! Hang in there!
    I'm so glad I found your blog!!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete